Chipola cheerleading will host their tryouts on June 17 in the Milton H. Johnson Center. The gym will open at 8:30 a.m. All participants must have a cheer application (below), a transcript, and a recommendation letter.
Minimum requirements for tryouts:
- Tumbling: standing back hand spring (ALL). No spots on tumbling
- Females: running multiples (preferred), round off back handspring (preferred), stand back tuck (preferred)
- Males: standing tuck, toss to hands
Attire for tryouts:
- Females: black shorts, white tank, appropriate makeup, ponytail with elastic holder (no metal or plastic clips), no jewelry, no long fingernails, no visible tattoos
- Men: black shorts, white tee
Tryout information: Being a Chipola cheerleader is a commitment for one full academic year. Each candidate is judged on technical skill (motion, stunts, tumbling) with an emphasis on crowd leadership during tryouts. All cheerleaders will be expected to participate in all fundraising activities, as well as strength and conditioning training. Chipola's cheerleading team cheers at home and away men's and women's basketball games and performs at college and community events.
For more information, contact Coach Farren Barfield at 850-209-0457 or email@example.com.